First steps are always the hardest to make but also the most important. They have the power to influence the developer in choosing to use a specific software or not. Because each API is unique, we decided to show you how to use ours with this simple tutorial.
The following example shows you how to save a typing pattern for a user via our API.
1. Import TypingDNA Postman collection which contains all the TypingDNA API services.
Alternative: Import from link https://www.getpostman.com/collections/485b4cf7b5970f9507f2.
2. Click on your preferred Postman platform you want to import.
If successfully imported, the following message should appear in the top of Postman application.
3. Click the Collections tab, then click the newly imported TypingDNA Authentication API collection from step 1.
4. Click the Save typing pattern API service from the collection.
6. Click the Body tab.
7. Change the value of the id parameter (a string that identifies the user, min 6. chars). We used testuser for the purpose of this demo.
8. Now, add a recorded typing pattern in the tp parameter. You can use this typing pattern as an example:
0, 2.11, 0, 0, 18, 1473785675, 4, 82, 13, 0, -1, -1, 0, -1, -1, 12, 93, 24, 0, -1, -1|8330, 137|1121, 142|902, 144|776, 128|792, 151|784, 111|864, 151|872, 111|824, 127|816, 104|888, 95|800, 151|808, 119|897, 134|775, 101|848, 111|1000, 143|688, 126
9. Click the Send button to make the API call. Now you should get a successful API reply.
Congratulations. You have successfully managed to make the first TypingDNA API call!
To learn more, visit the API documentation page.
For more support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.